Every continent, country and even region have their own traditional plates, especially when it comes to celebrate the beginning of a new year.
We are sharing an international extremely EASY menu for you to prepare following traditions around the world.
Lentils in Italy are symbol of money.
Noodle in Asia stands for long life.
Grapes in Spain and Mexico, oranges in China and pomegranate in Greece are synonymous to good luck.
Try this menu for your New Years Eve dinner and see if your wish will become true in 2023 - you will never know!
By the way, if you're a fan of oriental cuisine, this kitchen set is perfect for you.
Lentil soup : Money!
Numbers of servings: 5
- Dried Lentils 300gr
- Spring Onions
- 1 L Vegetable stock
- any type of bread
- Wash well your lentils
- Add them to hot boiled water with an ORGANIC vegetable stock
- Cook it at low-medium for 30 minutes
- Serve it in a bowl add some spring onion and any spices or cheese you'd like to add
- Dig in and wish for more money in 2023!
Noodles: Long Life!
Numbers of servings: 2
Get your international kitchen set here
- Noodles for 2
- 2 boiled eggs
- bunch of salted roasted almonds
- Cooked pack choi
- spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- soya sauce
- Boil the noodle until al dente and drain
- Lightly fry the chopped garlic in oil until it turn slightly golden
- Mix the soya sauce and hot garlic oil in a bowl
- In a big bowl add all the ingredients
- Add the sauce on top and mix everything
- You will make your life longer by eating this delicious noodles
Fruits and Cookies: Good luck!
Time to prepare: 10 min
- 12 grapes for each person
- 5 Christmas cookies ( find recipe here)
- yogurt or custard cream of your choice
- In Spain and Mexico they prepare 12 grapes for each person - at each clock eat one
- Oranges especially mandarin oranges are sign of good luck in China - eat a whole orange or two
- In Greece pomegranate is a sign of goof luck - add it to your yogurt/cream with a some Christmas cookies to create a tasty, easy and lucky dessert